Athlone Community College Parents Association
The Parents’ Association committee of Athlone Community College is a group of parents/guardians who have volunteered their time and support towards the activities of the Association in order to enhance the life of our students in Athlone Community College. The officers of the committee are the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and Vice Treasurer. Parents/guardians who currently have children attending the Athlone Community College are members of the Association.
We meet during school term to discuss issues, projects and fundraising. These meetings are attended by the Principal or Deputy Principal. Any parent is welcome to join the committee and we encourage you to attend our AGM which takes place each year.
Aims of the Parents’ Association
- Promote good communications between the school and parents/guardians.
- Provide opportunities to raise issues of interest to parents/guardians and to get information from the school in response.
- Help raise funds in order to improve the quality of the educational experience of our children in Athlone Community College.
- Organise activities to promote the welfare of the students in the school.
- Consulted before new and amendments to school policies are introduced.
Board of Management:
Helen Macken is the ETB representative on the Board of Management.
The Parents Association raises funds for the school by two primary sources:
- Voluntary Donations
- Specific Fundraising Events
Voluntary donations are an invaluable source of income for our school and benefit all of our students. If you wish to contribute, please call in to the school reception and our Chairman Mark Murphy will contact you.
This is a very important function, as over the years it has enabled us to support and improve various facilities within the school. Each year the Parents Association undertake a fundraising event to further enhance the educational experience of our students. In past years we have organised many events including: fashion shows, cookery demonstrations, raffles, bag packs, social nights, student concert…..etc. We are always looking for new and exciting ways to raise funds for our school.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any new ideas to assist us in raising much needed funds.
Sincere thanks to parents for your continued support though out the year.
Parent association Committee Officers
Parent association Committee